We offer a range of structural engineering services which encompass the full range of residential, commercial and industrial construction. Our designs are prepared in accordance with Australian Standards, the Building Code of Australia and current best practices.
Our designs include a complete set of structural computations and detailed structural working drawings suitable for direct use by the builder, fabricator or detailer, as appropriate and are accompanied by a Regulation 126 (Building Regulations 2018) Certificate of Compliance.
- Design of beams and supports
- Structural footings and slabs
- Retaining walls
- Preparation of framing schedules
- In-ground swimming pools
- Assessment of existing structure
Commercial & Industrial
- Steel frame and precast concrete (tilt-up) structures
- Industrial floors
- Retaining walls
- Roof drainage
- Mezzanine floor retrofits
- Investigation and assessment of existing structures
- Design for modifications and change of use of existing structures
We provide engineering design and construction management services for the land development industry.
Our projects vary from two lot subdivisions to greenfield industrial and residential subdivisions consisting of hundreds of lots, incorporating new roads, municipal drainage and extensions of sewer, water, telecommunications, gas and electricity infrastructure.
We can provide land development advice at the ‘feasibility’ stage of the project, through to detailed civil engineering design, tendering, construction and contract management and asset handover.
- Feasibility studies and preliminary cost estimation
- Making applications and negotiating with authorities
- Road and earthworks design
- Stormwater drainage design
Civil Works Contract Management
- Civil works contract management, including:
- Preparation of schedules of quantities and tender documentation,
- Tender assessment
Contract award and management to AS 2124
- Financial management, including assessment of claims for payment and variations and issue of payment certificates
- Contract management and supervision during the works
- Asset handover to authorities and management of ‘maintenance periods’
Multi-unit developments are a popular way of maximising the potential of a parcel of land. Along with good architectural design, good engineering is necessary to address access issues and to provide infrastructure to the new dwellings.
In particular, stormwater drainage can pose significant challenges to unit-developments. In older urban areas, council drainage systems were typically only designed to cater for single dwellings on each lot. Unit developments result in an increase in the impervious areas (roofs and driveways) that collect rainwater and direct it to the council stormwater system. This increase in runoff can lead to council stormwater systems being overwhelmed and can contribute to flooding during storm events less severe than was originally intended. The increase can also lead to other detrimental downstream effects such as erosion and reduction of the water quality of natural waterways.
Storm Water Management
Stormwater Management is the process in mitigating the potentially negative impacts of a development. It involves the provision of infrastructure for:
- Detention (controlling discharge)
- Retention (storage for reuse)
- Enhance Stormwater Quality
Storm Water Drainage Design
- Design of stormwater drainage and preparation of construction drawings
- Stormwater detention systems to comply with council regulations
- Stormwater infiltration systems (soakage pits)
- Negotiating with authorities and seeking approval for plans
- Drainage investigations and reports
- Design of WSUD elements to comply with council requirements and best practice guidelines
- WSUD and stormwater strategy reports to satisfy council requirements
If you have a product or an idea that you are developing for the market, we may be able to assist. It is always best to involve an engineer early in the development, especially where the idea relates to building and construction. We can provide advice in the concept phase and throughout the development. We can assess the loading situation, apply the Australian Standards and work with testing laboratories to devise appropriate prototype testing to ensure that your product will be fit for purpose.
- Load analysis
- Structural computations
- Work with testing laboratories and devise testing regimes
- Certificate of Compliance
Expert witness services for VCAT hearings where civil or structural engineering expertise is required.
CAD Software and Building Information Management We utilise the latest Autodesk 3D Infrastructure Design and Building Design software which enables us to import digital design information from architects, building designers and surveyors to use as a base for our designs.
We are able to provide 3D visualisation and modelling to assist in conceptualising and presenting your project.